Retain the Best. Grow the Rest.
1. Do you have a documented and shared vision for your loyalty or rewards program?
2. Does your program's vision support your brand's vision?
3. Return on Loyalty: Program Return on Investment
4. Program revenue contribution as a % of total revenue
5. Member value since they joined
6. Potential value of members (future)
7. Average cost to acquire a member
8. Net member growth (Volume of new members joining less existing members who unsubscribe)
9. Depth of membership: number of members vs total available customers
10. Contactability by channel eg % of emails gathered; % opt-in mobile numbers
11. % of active members (active = members who have transacted a specific number of times in a predetermined period)
12. Number of members who have unsubscribed
13. Annualised member unsubscribe value (number of unsubscribed members x average annual transaction value)
14. Member Net Promoter Score
15. Do you inform members why you are asking for their data points eg date of birth (why?); mobile (why?)
16. Are you using member purchase and personal data to provide relevant and personalised offers; rewards and benefits?
17. Are you sending reminders to help your members repurchase items they have purchased previously?
18. Are you providing special offers to your members' via mobile based on their shopping location?
19. Do you have nominated loyalty champions amongst your team?
20. Has your team been given program KPIs to achieve?
21. Is your team informed on a periodical basis (at least monthly) on how the program is performing?
22. Have you researched your members' view of your program's structure, benefits and experience in the last 12 months?
23. Do you know your members' view on how simple, personal and valuable your program is to them?
24. Do you know why customers join your program - convenience, transactional, emotional?
25. Have you made any benefit upgrades in the last 12 months?
26. Do you reward members based on time (tenure of being a member)?
27. Do you have cause / charity / community connections as part of your program’s proposition?
28. Have you completed a competitor Point of Difference comparison (why is your program different?)
29. Do you have a 12 month documented program communication plan?
30. Is your communication plan differentiated by types of communications eg marketing, mandatory, data-driven
31. mobile eg sms
32. mobile app
33. social media
34. direct mail
35. online member account
36. store team
37. store point of sale