For Love or Money™ 2020 - Australia : Comprehensive comparison report with a presentation from the author
Benefit from both the research and a presentation from the the author of the research, Adam Posner, a loyalty program specialist consultant.
Adam will personally present a summary of the findings and their impact on the future of customer loyalty and loyalty programs.
What’s in this report that will make a difference to your customer loyalty strategies and loyalty program success?
This is the 8th edition of the annual Australian consumer research study that tracks key trends and insights on loyalty and loyalty programs.
With benchmarks first established in 2013, the 2020 study continues to track changes in the Australian loyalty program landscape and build on trends and insights revealed in previous studies and provides new insights.
Section 1. Tracking changes in the Australian loyalty program landscape
- Profiles of loyalty program members
- Active participation in programs
- Ranking Australian loyalty programs - ‘doing a very good job’
- Listing 38 programs by membership
Section 2. Attitudes to ‘loyalty’ and loyalty programs
- What is ‘loyalty’? The consumers’ point of view
- Are loyalty programs valuable to a brand or business?
- A loyalty program’s influence on 3 motivations to interact with a brand (*new*)
- Do loyalty programs add to the overall brand experience? (*new*)
- The impact of closing a program
- Concerns members have about loyalty programs (*new*)
Section 3. Member interaction and engagement
- The three motivations to join a loyalty program
- Do members feel they are making the most of their program membership/s?
- Why don’t members take advantage of their rewards and benefits? (*new*)
- Member interaction, identification and payment integration
- Ranking the three principles for optimising program design (*new*)
- Money, time or ego – which benefits are most important to members? (*new*)
- Psychology of earning and redeeming rewards. Do members change their behaviour - as they get closer to earning a reward and after redeeming a reward? (*new*)
- Points expiry: A point of tension between loyalty programs and members (*new*)
Section 4. New ways to reward members (*new*)
- Identifying new ways for members to be rewarded including:
- earning shares in a company
- rewards for recycling
- rewards for healthy behaviours
- rewards redeemed to reduce the cost of a service and more
- Earning cashback rewards - immediate or redeem via points?
Section 5. The five loyalty program persona profiles
- Loyalty program member persona profiles. A benchmark was set in 2019 - what’s changed?
Section 6. Data collection and use: Personalisation and trust
- How do members feel about loyalty programs collecting & using their personal details?
- Personalisation: Enhancing the member’s shopping experience vs invading their privacy
- How is loyalty program personalisation performing? (*new*)
- Loyalty program Data and Trust = The Net Data Trust Score (NDT)