Retain the Best. Grow the Rest.
1. Do you have a documented and shared vision for your loyalty program?
2. Does your program's vision support your brand's vision?
3. Volume of new members joining?
4. Net member growth (volume of new members joining less existing members who unsubscribe)?
5. Depth of membership: number of members vs total available customers?
6. Contactability by channel eg % of emails gathered; % opt-in mobile?
7. Ave cost to acquire a member?
8. Program revenue as a % of total revenue?
9. Member value since they joined the program?
10. Potential value of member into the future?
11. % of members who are active in in predetermined period (active = transacted no. of times)?
12. Number of members who have unsubscribed?
13. Annualised member unsubscribe value (number of unsubscribed members x average annual transaction value)?
14. Revenue generated by program vs investment to offer the program?
15. Communication engagement rate (opened and/or actioned) eg email
16. Earn rate of rewards (elapsed time taken for members to earn rewards)
17. Value of 'redeemers' vs 'non-redeemers' (value of members who earn and redeem vs members who earn but do not redeem)
18. Do members receive real-time updates on their rewards (points or benefits) earned and redeemed
19. Can members identify themselves and pay in one step ie is your program payment card linked
20. Do you share with members why you are asking for their data points eg date of birth (why?); mobile (why?)
21. Are you using member purchase and personal data to provide relevant and personalised offers and benefits?
22. Are you sending reminders to help your members repurchase items they have purchased previously?
23. Do you have nominated loyalty champions amongst your team?
24. Has your team been given program KPIs to achieve?
25. Are your team informed on a periodical basis (at least monthly) on how the program is performing?
26. Have you researched your program's structure, benefits and experience (online and offline) with your members in the last 12 months?
27. Do you know why customers join your program - convenience, transactional, emotional?
28. Have you made any benefit upgrades in the last 12 months?
29. Do you reward members based on time (tenure of being a member) instead of transactions (value)?
30. Have you completed a direct and indirect competitor evaluation (why is your program different?)
31. Do you offer benefits from partners to your members?
32. Do you have a 12 month documented program communication plan?
33. Is your communication plan differentiated by types of communications eg marketing, mandatory, data-driven
34. mobile eg sms
35. mobile app
36. social media
37. direct mail
38. online member account
39. store team
40. store point of sale
41. Is your loyalty member data integrated with other systems within your technology stack? (Content Management System, Messaging Platform, Order systems etc.)
42. Does your current technology allow you to create the best possible customer experience, personalisation and relevant messaging through the use of data?