In 2017, Australians over 18years are enrolled in over 4 programs each (4.3), the highest it has been since the first for love or money study in 2013, with
- Millennials averaging 5 loyalty programs and
- 1 in 7 women enrolled in 10 or more programs.
for love or money 2017 is the fifth Australian research study taking the pulse on customer loyalty and loyalty programs.
This year, key indicators of program health such as defection and reward redemption are improving.
- Defection is declining, down from 23% in 2016 to 18% in 2017.
- Rewards earned by members are being redeemed more than ever before, with 64% of members indicating they are enjoying the benefits of their programs, up from 57% in 2016
Other key findings the report also reveals:
- Preference for loyalty program identification and payment integration:
81% of members prefer presenting a loyalty card to identify themselves, receive rewards and paying separately with their preferred payment method while 5% prefer a mobile app to identify themselves, receive rewards and pay at the same time with their mobile.
- Programs still revenue driver for business: According to the research, when it comes to members’ behaviour impacting on business revenue, nearly two-thirds (64%) of consumers (up from 57% in 2016) believe that brands need a loyalty program to keep their customers loyal and 81% tend to purchase more from the companies whose program they are a member pf.
- Coles flybuys is still no. 1, with Woolworths Rewards showing a marked improvement since 2016: Coles flybuys retained first place in the Top 10 unprompted most mentioned programs as ‘doing a very good job’ (34 per cent). However, Woolworths Rewards in second place has improved, up from 9% in 2016, to 13% in 2017. Qantas Frequent Flyer remained in third place since the first study in 2013.
2017 Australia’s top 10 most mentioned programs (unprompted) as ‘doing a very good job’:
- Coles flybuys
- Woolworths Rewards
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Priceline Sister Club
- Virgin Velocity
- MYER one
- Boost Vibe Club
- CommBank Awards
- Optus Perks